- The building provides a reasonable level of daylight, natural ventilation and solar access for apartment occupants
- The building's depth is appropriate for the intended apartment type
- Minimise earthworks on sloping sites through building depth and orientation
The depth of an apartment building can significantly determine the ability to daylight and ventilate apartments naturally.
Apartment building depth is generaly determined by;
- the preferred choice of apartment typology, see Apartment Types for more detailed guidance on choosing the best apartment type for your site
- the site planning in relation to the site's size, geometry, orientation and topography. See Site Design for further guidance