Iwi/hapū have a living and enduring presence and are secure and valued within their rohe.
- Mana Whenua live, work and play within their own rohe
- Acknowledges the post Treaty of Waitangi settlement environment where iwi/hapū living presences can include customary, cultural and commercial dimensions
- Living iwi/hapū presences and associated kaitiaki roles are resumed within urban areas
- Access to natural resources (weaving species, mahinga kai, waterways, etc) facilitates, maintains and /or enhances Mana Whenua ahi kā and kaitiakitanga
- Civic/iwi joint venture developments ensure ahi kā and sense of place relationships are enhanced
- Mana Whenua are involved in ongoing management, programming and occupation of spaces created, particularly public realm