The legislation and policy framework that controls the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of the council's stormwater system includes the following documents.
188.8.131.52. National Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, and Standards
- Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA)
- Local Government Acts 1974 and 2002 (LGA)
- Public Works Act 1981
- NZ Dam Safety Guideline 2000
- Building Act 2004, Building Regulations 1992, Building Code and associated Compliance Documents (http://www.dbh.govt.nz/compliance-docs-get-copies)
- Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drain Layers Act 2006
- Civil Defence Emergency Management Act 2002
- Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
- Health and Safety Reform Bill 2013
- Health and Safety in Employment (Mining Operations and Quarrying Operations) Regulations 2013
- Approved Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (Version 4)
- Australian Standard (AS) 2865 : 2009 – Confined Spaces
- National Code of Practice for Utility Operators’ Access to Transport Corridors 2015
- Hauraki Gulf Marine Park Act 2000
184.108.40.206. National Policy
- National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management 2014
- National Environmental Standard for Assessing and Managing Contaminants in Soil to Protect Human Health 2011.
220.127.116.11. Auckland Council Policy
- Auckland Council Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan (PAUP)
- Auckland Council Bylaws
- Auckland Council Minimum Health and Safety Requirements for Physical Works (HS262).